Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by our blog. There's a lot to update you on since we're currently in a very busy stretch. We just finished with our outdoor sales. A special thanks to the Annex Farmer's Market & the Veg Fest for hosting us this past Fall. We will be returning to the Annex Farmer's Market for their new indoor Holiday Market inside the Annex Warehouse http://www.farmersmarketannex.com/. Come visit us!
We will be selling at the Annex on the following dates:
11/20, 11/26, 11/27, 12/3, 12/4, 12/10, 12/11, 12/17 & 12/18 from 9am-3pm.
Another fun holiday market is the 11th Annual Green Gifts Fair on Saturday, November 19th from 10am – 5 pm at the Midtown Global Market in Minneapolis http://doitgreen.org/green-gifts-fair/. We will be there selling our veggie desserts in addition to our Lemon Zucchini Muffin Mix, this is a great opportunity for you to gift our most popular veggie dessert to any loved ones who might enjoy baking our sweet & delicious muffins. We will be selling these in vegan and gluten free. Click on the button below if you are interested in a free metro transit pass for the event. We hope to see you there!
5 Ways to Gift Green this Holiday Season... And Always
In honor of our "green" mission and the work that we have been doing recently crafting and finding fun ways to use recycled materials to decorate for the Holidays we are sharing with you 5 ideas for you to reuse this Holiday season!
1. Choose alternative ways to wrap your gifts. Re-use the brown paper bags from grocery stores, newspaper or even an old pringles can (great for gifting cookies)! Embellish with ribbon or a bow and it's a simple way to reuse but still wrap gifts in a decorative way.
2. Re-use your old holiday cards! One simple way is to cut them into gift tags. This is what we did with our boxes and we were happily surprised at how easy and cute they turned out to be! Another cute idea is making a wreath.
3. For those of you that don't like the idea of using a fresh Christmas tree, there's many alternatives to the traditional fake tree. Here are a few examples: one constructed of books, one from cereal boxes and the last from a ladder.
4. Upcycle by creating ornaments from materials such as a light bulbs, pop bottles, toilet paper rolls or bottle caps.
5. Create a holiday village out of recycled boxes!
We hope these ideas have inspired you to make your holiday season even greener! If you have any ideas for any green holiday projects or you've done something in the past that you'd like to share. Please comment below!
Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you during the Green Fair or at the Annex Indoor Holiday Market. If you can't make it out to any of these events don't forget that we are always happy to cater any holiday gatherings you might be hosting. Click on the "Menu+Purchase" button for more info.
Until next time,
-Green Garden Bakery Team <3
|Green Garden Bakery||